Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Add Some Fruit!


I’m sure most of you have tried fruit soaked in vodka, but have you tried fruit soaked in wine?  I went out to eat this past weekend and after getting an extremely unpleasant Mojito (which I ended up sending back because it tasted like pure syrup) I decided to stick with what I knew I would like…wine of course.  The restaurant had Moscato wine with bits of fruit in it, sounds tasty right?  That’s because it was!  I love Moscato wine to begin with, it is a very light, fresh tasting wine that usually has a little bit of fizz in it (it’s similar to champagne but not as bubbly); adding pieces of cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and pineapple  to the wine made it that much better.  Once all the wine is gone, there is a yummy little treat left behind.  I’m definitely going to make this drink at home and add some strawberries to it.  It’s a cute and tasty idea that would be great for sprucing up wine drinks at a party.  The best part is that adding fruit just makes it healthier!

No comments: