Monday, May 23, 2011

What’s the Irony?


This past weekend my husband and I went to York Beach, Maine (our little piece of Heaven) for a day to celebrate his 25th birthday.  For the birthday dinner, we went to a delicious restaurant overlooking a beautiful harbor, Cape Neddick Lobster Pound-Harborside Restaurant (say that name ten times fast!).  Looking through the restaurant’s many wine selections I had a hard decision to make; do I get white or red wine?  The name of one particular red wine caught my eye, Irony.  My decision was made, I got the Irony pinot noir; I had to see what the irony was behind this wine.  Looking at the rich color of the pinot noir I was expecting a heavy, bold flavor.  Ironically to my surprise, the wine was very light and smooth with a hint of cherry and vanilla flavors, followed by a cola aftertaste.  Yes, cola.  This wine was a perfect combination to the spicy buffalo wings we had for an appetizer and then to my yummy seafood entrée.  If you’re one that doesn’t enjoy a strong aftertaste when drinking red wine, then this wine is right for you.  It is so smooth and easy to drink that the Irony pinot noir goes down like water; that could be considered a dangerous thing…or a good thing depending on your mood! 
Alcohol content: 13.5%

No comments: